Hello! How are you? How’s your week going? Any highlights you’d like to share?
My last post talked about change and potentially looking for new career opportunities. With that in mind, I’d like to share some links that talk about careers, change, handling performance reviews, etc.
Sidekick (a Morning Brew newsletter)
- Check out this podcast where Holly Ojalvo discusses “The Myth of the Linear Career Path.”
- The Morning Brew has also recommended this book and I think it might be time I check it out: Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World
- Alright, this one isn’t specifically tied to change/new careers but it’s a good trick on how to stay organized (which is so important when you’re going through change!)
- While this article address women with imposter syndrome I think it’s a useful read for anyone who struggles with this (I mean…. don’t we all?!?)
- How performance reviews can differ between men and women – I think this is a good read for managers and employees alike
- Do you have a performance review coming up? Read this to help prepare
- Are you interviewing, or did you just get an offer? Congratulations!! Read this for some wise advise on salary negotiation
Alright, that’s it for now – I hope these help get you in a better mindset for any potential changes around your career, or big conversations around performance reviews and salaries. I hope everyone has a great weekend!